MILAN – Jan. 23, 2011 – Building on the success of Motorola XOOM, Motorola Mobility is rocking the tablet world yet again with a new addition that brings enhanced experiences to Italy. Motorola XOOM 2 with 3G capabilities boasts powerful productivity, rich entertainment and customizable experiences – the answer to consumers looking for a tablet that can keep up with their lifestyle. Motorola XOOM 2 is available today at TIM stores for 599 Euro (all taxes included).
“Tablets are quickly becoming a must-have tool for staying connected, getting work done and having fun at home and on the road,” said Paolo Prearo, Mobile Devices Business general manager, Motorola Mobility Italia. “We are very excited about this new new addition to our tablet portfolio that builds on the success of the original Motorola XOOM to now deliver more powerful tablet experiences to the European market.”
The new Motorola XOOM 2 features Android 3.2, a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, brilliant displays with Corning Gorilla Glass for scratch resistance and a splashguard coating for a go anywhere, do everything attitude. In addition, both tablets include the new MotoCast app that lets you stream all your music, photos, videos and documents between your computer to your tablet without any media tools, apps, or cords.
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Software: Android 3.2 Honeycomb
- Display: 10.1” HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Special features: Splash-guard and special flattened edges for easier holding
- Camera: 1.3 MP front and 5 MP rear-facing HD cameras with digital zoom, auto focus, and LED flash
- Memory: 1GB RAM; 32 GB storage
- Battery life: 10+ hours Web usage or over 1 month stand-by
- Sound: 3D virtual surround sound
- Dimensions: 253.9 mm x 173.6 mm x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 599 g
- Enterprise features Business Ready with enterprise-grade security and Active Sync for work email, contacts and calendar. USB and Ethernet connectivity, pre-loaded Citrix Receiver and Citrix GoToMeeting. Preloaded with MotoCast so you can access and stream your files from your computer to your tablet.