According to Mobile.se sources, Sony Ericsson is planning to release 40 new phones during 2007. Among the other news from Sony Ericsson is a new series of designer phones, in a series starting with names beginning with an E, where E stands for Emotional (watch out, ladies).
Alleged phones and their internal working names:
Hit the jump for the complete list of phones.
***Update: Sony Ericsson Ai photos
- Sony Ericsson Melinda
Based on K310. Perhaps a low end phone. Similar to the W300 in candybar.
- Mid range slider
QVGA screen and 2G. May have 1.3 or 2 megapixel camera? Competitor to the Nokia 5300.
Walkman version of the K650/K550.
- Sony Ericsson Ai
Ultra slim (9.4mm) candybar phone. All the features of the W850. Metal on front, rubberized black material on back. Connector on the side. Keys like the K650 or 8850. Available on the market in Silver and Black. To be announced in November/December. 3G and HSDPA. No flash. Will come out with a 1GB M2 Micro Memory Stick.
- Sony Ericsson W880?
High end flip phone. Very similar spec wise to the recent Japanese SO903i. May have UIQ. Silver and stylish. Will come in green. Special music dial. Long battery life. Stereo speakers.
- Sony Ericsson Maria
W950 successor with a camera.
- Sony Ericsson K550 or K650?
Next low end Cybershot. 2 megapixel camera with autofocus, two LEDs for flash. Same specs as K800 with different camera. Competitor to the 6233. Does not have 3G, although there could be two variants (i.e. K790/K800).
- Sony Ericsson K810?
Cybershot, 14mm thick candybar phone. 3.2 megapixel camera. QVGA video recording (30fps maybe; mixed reports). May be for Asian or European market.
- Sony Ericsson K800 variant
Slightly improved specs but in a different form factor (very likely to be clamshell). Launched at the end of the year. True successor to the Z800. May also be SO903i variant.
- Sony Ericsson Sofia
Probably the K800 successor and to be called K850. 5 megapixel camera with xenon flash and QVGA recording. Not entirely like the N95 in terms of technology, but more mass market. Same size as the K610. 2.2 inch scratch resistant screen. EDGE and UTMS. Will be out by Q2, maybe even Q1 to not let the N95 have too much of a head start.
- Sony Ericsson Handycam phone
High end slider with a twist. Might not be Handycam branded, could be Cybershot branded instead. Good video recording capabilities. Might be based on M600 (so it may be a smartphone).
Emotional Design phones
- Sony Ericsson E510
Emotional design. Mid range.
- Sony Ericsson E530
Another emotional design phone. Mid range.
- Slim phones
Well the Ai is one of them, but there will be more from SE.
Generic (Normal) phones
- Sony Ericsson K510 variant
K510 with a different form factor. Could be E510?
- Russian code named phone (not including Sofia or Elena)
Good all rounder. Nothing groundbreaking. Solid and reliable.
- Multiple mid range phones
A number of phones (maybe some mentioned here) to Widen the breadth of the company's appeal to mass market. Confirmed by Eldar.
- Sony Ericsson Elena
Wi-Fi enabled mobile. On the market by June 2007.
- Canceled swivel
Rectangular white swivel. Larger than the 7370 so could've been W900 successor. Canceled to fit more mass market. Maybe changed to slider?
- Sony Ericsson M600 successor
Another version of M600. Could be Elena?
- DVB-H phone
Large screen. TV on your mobile.
- HSDPA phones
An unknown number in development. Available Q2 2007. Ai is one of them.
- UIQ phones
Three phones will come within 3-4 months. We think we know at least two: M600 successor and W950 with a camera. Which could lead us to think that the Handycam is in fact a smartphone. Just guessing.
- More phones, with capabilities to work with the bluetooth watch.
- Seems like the placement of the Fastport on the side will be a common theme.
- QVGA will be the standard video recording for higher mid range SE phones. That means K800 successor and higher. The fps is yet to confirmed. Worst case scenario is 15 fps. More to do with stability issues.
- E series for 'Emotional' Design phones.
- One to three series will die. P series is definitely going and/or K series by mid 2007 and/or Z series
- Phones will be announced at 3GSM (13th February to 16th) and CeBIT (15th March to 21st)
- Pairs of phones still seems to be the strategy. K650/W650, W880 (Walkman high end)/K800 variant, etc. all seem to be similar spec wise and form factor.
- Handycam phones may not exist. The Handycam series could just be rolled into the Cybershot series (imaging and video).
- Once again, an upgraded platform; a new UI. Active standby is one of the features. With active standby you can have applications or tasks etc. on the standby screen.
- The time between announcement and release date for UIQ phones will be very little from now on.