Nokia today announced three new fashion phones with
a softer look and more feminine details than the original 72XX fashion
line. The 73XX L'Amour phones take a step forward on the design
timeline from Art Deco to Art Nouveau, and step forward in technology
as well. All three models are GSM / GPRS (EDGE) 900/1800/1900 and are
due out Q1 2006.
- 7360: A slim, simple candybar style phone with VGA camera. Also features FM radio, Push To Talk and a new voice-activated interface option. The 7260 lacks the decorative flourishes of the other two models and will be available with faceplates that will appeal to both men and women.
- 7370: Nokia's first spinner style phone has floral etched trim and fabric faceplates. Features a 2" QVGA display and special swivel interface. Also features 1.3 megapixel camera with video capture and video ringtones, Bluetooth, FM radio and stereo speakers.
- 7380: The followup to the 7280 lipstick phone eliminates the slider design but maintains the mirror screen, which is now etched with a floral pattern. This handset still features the jog dial interface, but adds voice navigation like the 7360. The camera has also been upgraded to 2 Megapixels with a flash and video capture. Also features an mp3 player and streaming video viewer
Natural materials, fusion of colors and patterns define the L'Amour Collection
Hong Kong, China / Florence, Italy / New York, NY, USA - Continuing to push the boundaries of mobile phone design, Nokia has introduced a collection of three trend-inspired mobile phones, the Nokia 7360, Nokia 7370 and Nokia 7380. Each model in the L'Amour Collection offers a beautiful mix of contrasts - infusing cultural and ethnic influences with luxurious touches of the unexpected. Hints of vintage and craftsmanship, are fused with natural materials, colors and patterns, all carefully crafted and layered with a passion for detail.
"For many consumers, the mobile phone has truly become an extension of their personal style - it is a fashion statement as well as an advanced communications device," says Alastair Curtis, Vice President of Design at Nokia's Mobile Phones division. "Every detail of these products, from the nature-inspired graphics to the velvet-lined pouches, has been carefully considered with the style-conscious individual in mind. We are very confident that consumers who appreciate design and attention to detail will fall in love with the L'Amour Collection."
In the design and development of the L'Amour Collection, Nokia's Design team looked to materials such as amber, ceramic, turquoise, silk and enamel for inspiration. Craft techniques, such as enamelling and etching, added a creative spark to the graphics, materials, finishes and colors selected for each model in the collection.
Sleek and seductive, the etched mirrored surface and discreet keyless dial of the
Nokia 7380 invites glances, even stares. A leather cover and a mirrored display subtly mask the sophisticated technology, which includes a 2-megapixel camera and intuitive voice dialing. The centrepiece of the L'Amour Collection, the Nokia 7380 is aimed at trend-setting men and women who enjoy being the centre of attention - and are willing to spend a little extra on the finer things in life.
- Keyless dial
- 2-megapixel camera, 4x zoom
- Enhanced Voice Commands
- MP3 player
The estimated retail price of the Nokia 7380 is expected to be approximately €500, excluding taxes and subsidies. The Nokia 7380 is expected to be available in Q1, 2006.
Offering a touch of the unexpected, the Nokia 7370 "swivels" open to reveal its elegantly hidden keypad. Beautiful patterns, etched into the elegant metal trims, are contrasted by leather-inspired faceplates, adding a romantic appeal and an element of the exotic. But it's not just about looks - advanced features, like a 1.3-megapixel camera and 3D sound effects, ensure the Nokia 7370 matches current technology with the latest design trends.
The Nokia 7370 is available in two color schemes, coffee brown and warm amber, with each model offering a distinct set of graphics, screensavers and even dedicated camera keys.
- 1.3 megapixel camera, 8x zoom
- 2-inch QVGA color screen (320 x 240 pixels)
- Stereo speakers with 3D sound effects
- Video ring tones
The estimated retail price of the Nokia 7370 is expected to be approximately €300, excluding taxes and subsidies. The Nokia 7370 is expected to be available in Q1, 2006.
Materials, graphics and color palette ensure this charming mobile phone stands out in a crowd. Trend-conscious men and women will appreciate the Nokia 7360's mixture of patterns and textures, which are perfectly complemented by elegant accessories, including straps and carrying pouches.
The Nokia 7360 is also available in the two signature L'Amour Collection color schemes, coffee brown and warm amber. Each model has a distinct set of graphics, screensavers and accessories.
- Integrated VGA camera
- Stereo FM radio
- MP3 ring tones
The estimated retail price of the Nokia 7360 is expected to be approximately €200, excluding taxes and subsidies. The Nokia 7360 is expected to be available in Q1, 2006.
The Nokia 7360, Nokia 7370 and Nokia 7380 will meet the requirements of the upcoming EU environmental legislation (RoHS, 2002/95/EC). The legislation will take effect in July 2006.