Just like the Motorola RAZR, they’re going to keep the DROID RAZR in the limelight as long as humanly possible. And to aid with that, Verizon will have a pink version of the device available January 23rd. It has the same specs as the original DROID RAZR, except they felt like excluding MicroSD card storage for 16GB of internal storage.
I haven’t quite decided whether the phone looks purple or pink yet, but for some reason I keep leaning towards pink. The color isn’t quite as defined as Motorola’s iconic V3M model, but close nevertheless. It will still be made of the same kevlar material as the other original, black and white models out now too.
But the big question is, will they offer color options for the upcoming RAZR Maxx? If so then I’d suggest waiting – the 3300mAh battery in the Maxx is quite the upgrade. However, it will likely cost $299 whereas the pink RAZR will only be $199. It will ship with the same Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS that the others did, but be just as eligible for Ice Cream Sandwich in the near future.
- Motorola DROID RAZR update slicing onto handsets today on Dec 22nd 2011
- Motorola DROID RAZR gets ClockworkMod, opens doors for fun on Dec 27th 2011
- DROID RAZR can now be restored to stock via fastboot on Dec 28th 2011
- DROID 4 and DROID RAZR MAXX Official: Hands-on on Jan 11th 2012
- DROID RAZR MAXX release date tipped for the 26th on Jan 13th 2012
- Verizon drops DROID RAZR price to $199 sans SD card on Jan 17th 2012