A bundled mobile hotspot will be included in select T-Mobile data plans January 25. Though only available in the 5GB or 10GB data packages, the mobile hotspot included normally costs an additional $19.98 per month. They will be termed as the Unlimited-Premium 5GB and Unlimited-Ultra 10GB data feature bundles.
This promotion will also include MobileLife Album Plus, an online cloud storage that holds up to 10GB of pictures and/or video. Until now, a free mobile hotspot has not been included in a tiered data plan. It may not entice people as much as Verizon’s previous holiday double data promotion – but should pull over a good few to their network.
- T-Mobile 4G Super Sale on December 17th gets detailed -- Free 4G devices on Dec 13th 2011
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II software update rolling out now on Dec 14th 2011
- T-Mobile rolling out new 3G bands on Dec 20th 2011
- T-Mobile sale: Amaze 4G, Springboard and G-Slate for just $49 this weekend on Jan 3rd 2012
- T-Mobile LG G2x gets a MIUI Port on Jan 4th 2012
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G packs 42Mbps HSPA+ on Jan 11th 2012
- HTC Ville headed for T-Mobile, says rumor on Jan 16th 2012
They haven’t informed us through the sneakshot, but I would assume the promotion will be available for at least a month. These currently unpriced packages will be available for current T-Mobile customers as well. So those of you that have been eyeing their phone lineup, I suggest waiting until the 25th to at least get free (and legal) WiFi tethering.