The Samsung Galaxy S III is one of the most anticipated smartphones of the year, that goes without question. We’ve seen various leaks and tons of fakes claiming to be the real deal. While this could very well be as fake as the rest it at least appears to possibly be real. Being spotted in a press invite and listing for the second time now, May 22nd for the unveiling.
Now obviously the image doesn’t reveal much as far as design, but most press invites don’t. It’s an interesting design that is for sure, and that’s only if it’s real to begin with. Talk about curves right? Uncovered by the folks at Phandroid this could possibly be the real deal, but it’s doubtful.
First off press invites never go out two months in advanced, never. Then looking at the design while I could see this being Samsung’s next flagship as they try to differentiate themselves from the competition, and the Galaxy S II, this just seems a little much. At the same time the Galaxy Nexus leaks showed us a crazy curved design that was exaggerated too so the same situation could apply here. The slit up the side seems odd and uncomfortable — and if it’s for a stylus or S-pen I’ll be angry.
This is a very interesting leak that is for sure. Either someone made a clever and believable press invite image, or this is indeed the real deal. We’ve seen May 22nd tossed around more than once too, so we should take that into consideration too. What do you guys think? Real deal or too crazy to be legit? Sound off below.
- Samsung Galaxy S III specs and April release date rumors continue on Jan 24th 2012
- Samsung Galaxy S III rumored to have 4.8-inch screen and ceramic case on Feb 25th 2012
- Samsung Galaxy S III press image leaks again - looks fake on Mar 14th 2012
- Latest Samsung Galaxy S III photo "leak" looks promising on Mar 17th 2012
- Samsung exec: Galaxy S III release could be moved to April on Mar 21st 2012
- Samsung Galaxy S III render leaks again - looks familiar on Mar 21st 2012
- Galaxy S III enters testing in Korea, may have non-Pentile screen on Apr 4th 2012