Google’s is expected to have the next-generation of the Nexus 7 tablet available beginning in July, however the other side to this story may the one that is slightly more interesting. That side is touching on the pricing, and assuming these latest reports prove to be accurate — it looks like Google will have the Nexus 7 available for as little as $149.
These details are coming by way of Reuters, who are reporting based on the word of two unnamed sources. Just to clarify, and as one would expect, Google has yet to publicly confirm these details. On that note, these sources have said that Google is planning to ship as many as eight million during the second half of 2013. That would be a near doubling of the year-on-year sales and an aggressive price point sounds like a good way to make that happen.
Some details about the next-generation Nexus 7 include it having a higher-resolution display and thinner bezel. It also looks like there will be a switch in terms of the processor. In what was described as a “blow to NVIDIA” it was said the tablet will arrive with a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor as opposed to the Tegra.
Shifting back over to the pricing and while there was talk of the Nexus 7 being available for as low as $149 — there are a few options that could make that happen. Google could simply price the next-generation Nexus 7 very aggressively or they could introduce the new model at $199 and drop the price of the currently available model to $149. Time will tell which path Google opts to take, however we are hoping to see an announcement during Google I/O which begins on May 15.
- Nexus 7 dock now shipping to those in the US
- Nexus 7 HSPA+ for T-Mobile hits the Google Play Store
- Google and Asus rumors suggest a next-gen Nexus 7 with full HD display
- Google Nexus 7 tablet in the works with Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core
- Nexus 7 reportedly sold around 4.6 million units
- Hands-on with the new Lenovo A- and S-series tablets: Aiming for the Nexus 7
- ASUS Nexus 7 dock finally available for just $29.99
- DirecTV launches Android tablet app, forgets to support the Nexus 7
- ASUS rumored to preview new Nexus 7 in May, new phone in June
- Screen Size: 7 Inch
- Resolution: 1280x800
- Screen Type : IPS LCD
- Height: 7.81 Inch
- Width: 4.72 Inch
- Depth: 0.41 Inch
- Weight: 340 Grams
- Lithium Ion
- Battery Capacity: 4325 mAh
- Talk Time: NA
- Stand By Time: NA
- h.264 / AVC
- MPEG-4 (MP4)
- Ambient light
- Bluetooth 3.0