NEC did it again: about 11 months after unveiling the world’s slimmest smartphone at that time, the company is ready to release another super-thin Android phone with a set of impressive specs (via Japan’s biggest mobile carrier NTT Docomo). Dubbed MEDIAS ES N-05D [JP], the handset will hit Japanese stores in February or March this year.
NEC rolled out quite afew Medias-branded Android phones in recent months, but this model is just 6.7mm thin and has the best specs.
Here are the main features:
- Android 2.3.6
- waterproof body
- 4.3-inch LCD with 720×1280 resolution
- 8.1MP CMOS camera with NEC’s Exmor R for mobile engine
- dual-core MSM8260 CPU (1.5GHz)
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory
- Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC e-wallet function
- infrared connection
- digital TV tuner
- microSD card slot, microUSB slot
- 1400mAh battery
- connectivity to Casio’s G-SHOCK GB-6900 watch
- size: 130×67×6.7mm, weight: 110g
The MEDIAS ES N-05D might reach markets outside Japan at some point in the future, but there is no official word from NEC yet.
Via IT Media [JP]