The Google+ team has just announced another update that is coming soon. It’s rather minor but something that should be a great addition to their already awesome social network. This isn’t in the app itself but the web version of Google+. If Google continues to update as fast as they have I see nothing but good things ahead for Google+.
Both of the new features will be available in the app soon but for now are only available on the mobile web. They’ve introduced a new “what’s hot” section just by flipping to the side of your stream. This will show you anything and everything that seems to be popular in the world of Google+ — a good way to keep track of what is trending. Next they’ve also added a simple and easy way to see who all has +1′d a post.
- With What’s Hot, you can now see some of the most interesting content being shared on Google+ with a flick of your thumb. To use it, just swipe to the right of your Circles stream.
- To see who +1′d a post in the stream, just click on the +1 count underneath the post. It’s a small improvement that makes it easier to engage with others around content.
The +1 count is a small improvement and nothing major but is another way to keep communication and engagement floating. These changes appear to only be in the web version and have not hit the Android app but should be soon. Head to the market link below to get Google+ and enjoy it — because it’s getting better by the day.
- Google Plus adds hashtags and real-time search [Video] on Oct 12th 2011
- Google+ updates with instant hangouts - one tap goes from text to video chat on Dec 14th 2011
- Google+ Update hits the market with Hangout and UI improvements on Dec 19th 2011
- Google+ estimated to have 400 Million users by 2012's end on Dec 27th 2011