If you’re an avid Twitter user and use it to keep up with companies and even special deals, you might be pleased to know that the Google Play store has created a Twitter account to tweet out announcements and other news. Follow it now if you want to keep up with all the cool new things Google Play is doing.
With the new Twitter account, Google Play plans to tweet exclusive content, updates, and special promotions on content like apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books. They also mention “awesomeness” as something that they plan on offering with the new Twitter account.
The account already has over 6,500 followers as of this writing, and that number will simply continue to grow. But what’s perhaps more interesting are some of the users that Google Play is following, like Carly Rae Jepsen, a fake Justin Bieber, and the Amazon Kindle team.
It’s also still too early to see if their Twitter account will offer anything different from what their email newsletter offers, but in any case, for those wanting to really make sure they’re staying up to date with all things Google Play, be sure to give them a follow.
- Google Play monetizes well for some free to play carrier billing games
- Google Play Store now allowing developers to reply to user reviews
- Google Play Store now shipping Nexus 7, all should ship within 3 days
- Google Play App policies updated with major changes
- Google Play Store incremental "Smart App Updates" now live
- Google Play Store gift cards selling early, could launch in 2 weeks
- Personalized "Recommended For You" app section hits the Google Play Store