Today we have a special treat to share with everyone, and that is the rare Garnet Red Samsung Galaxy S III being offered over on AT&T. You’d think this color would arrive for Verizon, but AT&T stole the exclusivity and it has been up for pre-order all month. Available come Sunday for the lucky few, but we have it now for you to take a quick look. The color is the only difference, but so far I’m really liking it.
What we have here is essentially the exact same Samsung Galaxy S III flagship smartphone on AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and the others. The big difference obviously is that deep red color they are calling Garnet Red. The overall aesthetics are quite nice and the Garnet Red has a similar textured look as the Pebble Blue model, as you can clearly see from our pictures. Check out the family all together in harmony.
The red Galaxy S III brings us the same fabulous smartphone and performance we’ve come to love from the Galaxy S III — as you saw from our countless reviews of the U.S. and international version. The same 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD display rocking a 1280 x 800 resolution, 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm “Snappy” Snapdragon processor is under the hood. It also comes with 16GB or 32GB of storage options, and the usual micro-SD slot for expanded storage.
From Samsung’s S-Voice, S-Beam, Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, an 8 megapixel camera and more this phone does it all — but you already knew that. For those that still haven’t picked up what is quite possibly the best Android phone on the market, AT&T now has you completely covered. Offering a Ceramic White, Pebble Blue, and now Garnet Red flavor of the device.
Initially I wasn’t quite sure if I’d like the red color option, but I can safely say I’m diggin this new look from Samsung and AT&T. You can pickup this Garnet Red Samsung Galaxy S III from the folks at AT&T on the 29th. That is this Sunday for those keeping track at home. It will run you the same $199 or $249 price on contract, but is a nice switch from the norm that I have a feeling many will opt for.
What do you guys think?
- Samsung Galaxy S III vs HTC One X hands-on
- AT&T Galaxy S III pre-orders start June 6th - also comes in Red
- AT&T Galaxy S III in-store availability date set for July 6th
- AT&T Galaxy S III available in store today
- AT&T Galaxy S III Red Limited Edition hits stores July 29
- Samsung hints at new Galaxy S III color options coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy S III sales hit 10 million
- Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update coming as soon as August
- Samsung Galaxy S III Local Search fix offered by XDA Developers
- Samsung claims Galaxy S III local search removal was 'inadvertent'
- Screen Size: 4.8 Inch
- Resolution: 1280x720
- Screen Type : Super AMOLED HD
- Height: 5.37 Inch
- Width: 2.77 Inch
- Depth: 0.33 Inch
- Weight: 133 Grams
- Lithium Ion
- Battery Capacity: 2100 mAh
- Talk Time: NA
- Stand By Time: NA
- h.264 / AVC
- MPEG-4 (MP4)
- Auto focus
- 1080p Video Recording
- 720p Video Recording
- Ambient light
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Cellular location
- Wi-Fi location