Product placement is nothing new, however at the same time we don’t always see press release announcements, contests and promotional offers built up around it. Enter Alcatel, who have recently announced that the One Touch Idol smartphone is going to be featured in Marvel’s upcoming Iron Man 3 movie. For those curious about the movie, you can expect it to be in theaters as of May 3.
Aside from the product promotion, Alcatel really appears to be pushing the weight of the phone. Or maybe more accurate in this instance, the lack of weight. The Alcatel One Touch Idol weighs in at just 3.88 ounces, which is said to make it the “lightest smartphone in its category.” That bit of useless knowledge aside, the One touch Idol sports a 4.7-inch qHD IPS display, dual-core 1GHz processor, 1800 mAh battery, 2 megapixel front-facing camera, 8 megapixel rear-facing camera and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
The handset is also on the thin side at just 7.9mm and ships in a variety of colors to include Silver, Slate, Cranberry Pink, Red, Magic Blue and Mint Green. As for the promotion behind this product placement, Alcatel has a contest available that could score someone a paid trip to see the movie premier in Hollywood on April 24. Perhaps more realistic though, Alcatel also has a special offer available for those considering a purchase.
The purchase promotion is in conjunction with Radio Shack and runs from April 14 through May 11. This one is simple — buy the One Touch Idol and get a pair of tickets to see Iron Man 3 in theaters. Otherwise, the One Touch Idol was originally unveiled in January along with the One Touch Idol Ultra. You can see a bit of the hands-on with the One Touch Idol Ultra in the above video.
[via PR Newswire]
- Alcatel One Touch Scribe X and Scribe HD-LTE smartphones unveiled at CES
- Alcatel One Touch Idol and Idol Ultra smartphones unveiled during CES
- Alcatel One Touch Evo7 HD tablet unveiled at CES
- Alcatel One Touch Tab 8 HD tablet announced with an 8" IPS display
- Alcatel One Touch Evo 7 tablet stops by for a visit with the FCC
- Alcatel One Touch Star smartphone unveiled with entry level specs
- Alcatel unveils the One Touch Idol X smartphone with 5-inch 1080p display
- Alcatel One Touch Idol X hands-on: 5-inch 1080p display
- Screen Size: 4.7 Inch
- Resolution: 540x960
- Screen Type : IPS LCD
- Height: 5.23 Inch
- Width: 2.65 Inch
- Depth: 0.32 Inch
- Weight: 110 Grams
- Lithium Ion
- Battery Capacity: mAh
- Talk Time: NA
- Stand By Time: NA
- h.264 / AVC
- MPEG-4 (MP4)
- Auto focus
- 1080p Video Recording
- 720p Video Recording
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Cellular location