Sprint and SANYO announced today the introduction of the Sprint Power VisionSM Phone MM-7500 by SANYO. This durable clamshell phone provides broadband-like download speeds on the Sprint Power VisionSM Network, ideal for media-savvy consumers who lead active lifestyles and enjoy access to entertainment and information on the go. The MM-7500 is the first phone of its kind to offer "Themes", an industry-first phone customization service that Sprint expects to fully introduce in early 2006. The phone also supports the Sprint Music StoreSM, On Demand, Sprint TVSM, Sprint PCS Picture MailSM and Sprint PCS Ready LinkSM.
"This phone is for customers who demand a lot out of life, and demand it on the go," said Oliver Valente, senior vice president of product development for Sprint. "The MM-7500 is a feature-rich phone that offers instant access to high-quality communication, entertainment, information and personalization services. It also represents an industry first, as the first phone of its kind to support Themes - allowing customers the ability to see, hear and experience the next generation of mobile phone personalization."
The MM-7500 provides customers a sneak peak at Themes with two pre-loaded Themes, tropical and hip hop, and a few additional free Themes available for download. Themes allow customers to select custom 'skins' (i.e. user interfaces) for their standby screen, main menu and favorites and, in some cases, link to other Theme-related multimedia and online content, such as ringers, screensavers and other premium content. Early next year, Sprint customers will be able to choose from a wide variety of Themes, including sports-related Themes that provide quick access to scores and video highlights. Themes enable customers to further personalize their Sprint phone to express their style and interests and quickly access information that is important to them.
In addition to personalizing the phone with content, users can customize the phone by easily changing the outside color accent plate; three interchangeable accent plates are included with the phone in silver, blue and red. The MM-7500 also features a Dura-Grip® trim for a sure hold and added surface protection.
"The MM-7500 delivers rich multimedia capabilities with blazing-fast speed in a stylish, rugged design," said Andy Kodera, senior vice president and general manager of SANYO Fisher Company's Wireless Communications Division. "Beyond the smart-looking exterior is a powerful mobile device that can act as a portable audio player, modem, camera, video recorder, and information center all in one unit."
The MM-7500 by SANYO provides customers the ultimate communications and entertainment experience by supporting the following services:
- Sprint Music Store, the first mobile music storefront in the United States that allows customers to wirelessly browse, preview, purchase, download and play full-length songs right from the phone.
- On Demand, a service that lets customers retrieve personalized information using their home ZIP code for localized news, sports, weather, money, movies and more.
- Sprint TV, an Emmy Award-winning service that provides more than 30 channels of video and audio for TV on the go, with all the benefits of full motion video and high-quality audio.
- Sprint PCS Picture Mail (www.sprint.com/picturemail ), a service that enables customers to take, share, print, preserve, create and publish quality digital pictures and videos. The phone features an integrated 1.3-megapixel camera, flash, digital zoom and macro setting and a video camcorder for catching special moments. And, with the included USB cable, customers can instantly print their pictures directly from the phone to any PictBridge-enabled printer.
- Sprint PCS Ready Link, a service that lets customers engage in quick, "walkie-talkie" style communication at the touch of a button with one or several Sprint PCS Ready Link users.
The MM-7500 by SANYO is available in Sprint Stores and online for $379.99 before rebates.