Utilized Programs: Skins Manager v0.47 (check for the latest version)
Old version: SkinsManager_v0.31 (Mirror 1 | Mirror 2) ; Skins Manager v0.41.05A
You may need RSD Lite (v3.3 latest version) in order for Skins Manager to recognize your phone.
For Connection problems check out this forum [A Guide to Un-Install and Re-Install P2K Drivers]
Once you have found and downloaded a skin that you like, extract it to a new folder. This folder should now contain AT LEAST one .JPG or .GIF file (wallpaper), one .SKI file, and several .DAT files. To explain what those files are:
.SKI File: This file is basically the "skin map". It contains all of the skin information such as font colors, object references, and object positions.
.DAT Files: These files contain all of the images that make up the skin excluding the wallpaper.
1. Connect the phone to the cable and open Skinmanager: It should auto connect and will say reading files as pictured:
2. Once finished it should look like this:
3. Click Install and you will get this pop up:
4. Navigate to the skin you want and click Open:
5. The skin will now begin to install as seen in the pic below. Depending on the size of the skin it could take a minute to install.
This program will auto-install the wallpaper as well in the uploading process:
6. Your skin is now installed:
7. After everything uploads click Skins, More, Restart phone.
8. Disconnect the phone after restart and enjoy your new skin.
If you want to delete skins please read this complete tutorial at howardforums.
- More skins for Motorola